Our thanks to our subscribers for supporting The Lifted Brow.
‘Not another literature magazine,’ we hear you thinking as another thick wad of paper lands on your doorstep, ‘where am I going to store all these things?’ Fear not: the Deleted Rivers Edition of The Lifted Brow: Digital is available now on your Apple device, and it‘s just begging to be put in touch with your eyeballs.
In this issue: Harriet McKnight visits Opouri Bay; new poetry from Mark Cugini; Benjamin Kunkel charts Patagonia; Jo Langdon is Somewhere Close; and James Robert Douglas interviews director Amiel Courtin-Wilson.
Here’s a bit more about our contributors:
- Harriet McKnight is a writer from Melbourne. She is also the Deputy Editor of The Canary Press.
- Mark Cugini is an American-born poet living in America. He is the author of I’m Just Happy To Be Here (Ink Press 2014) and the Managing Editor of Big Lucks Books. His work has appeared or is forthcoming in Hyperallergic, Pinwheel, Sink Review, Hobart, BOAAT, and numerous other publications. From July 20th to August 27th, he was the #1 ranked player of Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.
- Jo Langdon was the inaugural winner of the Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction in 2013. She is the author of a chapbook of poetry, Snowline (2012), and is is currently studying as a doctoral candidate with Deakin University’s School of Communication and Creative Arts, where she also teaches in Literary Studies & Professional and Creative Writing.
- James Robert Douglas is a freelance cultural critic and Interviews Editor at The Lifted Brow.
- Benjamin Kunkel is the author of Indecision, a novel; Utopia or Bust, a collection of political essays; and Buzz, a play. He writes frequently for The London Review of Books and is a founding editor of n+1 magazine.
- Cover art by Lashna Tuschewski, an artist working in illustration, embroidery, collage, hand made jewellery, and ceramics.
The Lifted Brow: Digital is available on your preferred iOS device – get the app now.